Saturday, July 19, 2014

Choices: LOVE THEM

I love choices and am thankful I get to make them every day.  Like should I get up (glad I can) or should I stay in bed (if I want to get fired:), Do I want to smile or be grumpy, Will I appreciate and love all living beings or will create a division so I can justify my dislike.  This is one that we can all relate to, Do I eat that sweet or do I say no.  Not so hard for me when it is store bought because I generally don't like eating preservatives, dyes, and fake sugars.  But oh, if you make it, I have to have it, right?  REALLY......maybe not.
 
Did you know that it is YOUR choice? How many times have I heard myself or others say, "oh-it so difficult where I work or live because of all the junk that people bring in. It is so hard to not eat it." It is hard, I agree, but I think it is hard because deep inside we feel we don't have a choice. I had to, I couldn't help myself and so on. I go there and you probably do too.
 
One day, as I was putting a yucky sweet in my mouth because I thought "it is there, got to do it", I actually tasted it and noticed how aweful it really was and spit it out. You might say, well so what, I would have spit it out too. But when I did that, I connected with the intellegence of my body and realized right then and there that I did not like it and I did not HAVE to eat it. The difference is I realized I had a choice.
 
So what choices am I making these days. Eating healthy for me is not hard because I actually like good food. So no problem. Recently, as you might know in a previous post that I am making the choice to only drink pure spring water. Another choice is I realized that I really don't need wine. I am not saying wine is bad, in fact there are lots of evidence that says that a little wine is good for you. But I think my body does not want it anymore, and my emotions and choices I make while drinking wine are not serving me. I am feeling that I need to sustain from wine for a while and just live right here, right now. You are probably thinking well how much wine does she drink. Not much but too much for me right now.
My commitment to listen to my body, mind and spirit is my choice and thankful I can have that choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment