Sunday, July 20, 2014

Foods that Heal-Re-Train your taste buds

There was a time in my life when I actually thought fast food was yummy.  It was a treat to me to stop by and get some greasy fries and a juicy (really just fat) hamburger.  It was kind of a craving.  Well, it didn't happen overnight, but I no longer crave or even want that type of food.  And if I do happen upon this sub standard food (not really food as it contains 0 energy), I feel ill.  And this is not out of guilt.  My body just knows the difference between real food and not real food.

How did I do this.  A little by intention, but mostly by just eating well.  The more I ate meals with real nutrition, the less I wanted that chicken Mc'nugget.  Speaking of, don't you just love how the fast food restaurants are all offering the dollar menu.  I think it is conspiracy to get people hooked and definitely appeals to the people with not alot of change in their pocket.  Let's face it, it fills you up.  But the problem is, that it doesn't ultimately satisfy.   At least from my experience, when I eat well-food filled with energy, I am satisfied and have more energy.

I want to share a simple meal I made last night and boy was it yummy.  I made some veggie patties.  I didn''t follow a recipe, I just went with taste and consistency.  Here's my recipe:

  • 1 can of organic chickpeas (you could soak some dried ones yourself if you want)
  • 1 can of organic black beans (I suggest using the can- I soaked black beans for two days and still couldn't get them to be soft)
  • Rice-about 1 cup dried to make two cups prepared
  • 1/2 onion chopped
  • Seasoned with sea salt, pinch cayenne pepper, cumin to taste
  • Parsley chopped
  • 3 eggs
  • Powdered oatmeal-you can use flour or anything you like to soak up the liquid
___________________________________________________________________________
    Top with Cukes, Tomatoes, Lettuce, Avocado ect.
I mixed all the ingredients together except the powdered oatmeal.  Squished and mashed the ingredients then added enough powdered oatmeal to hold the patty together.  Then simply fried them in sunflower oil on low to medium heat.  SUPER DELICIOUS.  This makes about 8 patties, so I froze  of them.  I hope I remember them:)

Hope you like this recipe!  Don't be anxious about changing, just take baby steps and you will naturally change because your body will feel and love the difference.

Love y'all

Zenjen

No comments:

Post a Comment