Wednesday, July 16, 2014

I love water

I was on a hike today and came across the best swimming hole I have ever found.  It was like out of a picture.  One large swimming hole with two additional levels of jacuzzi's with there own water falls.  I am so thankful I live in an area where swimming is healthy, fun and I know that water is clean.  Enjoying this made me think about the water we drink everyday.  I have been making a special effort to only drink spring water directly from a natural spring.



Drinking water directly from a natural spring in your area in my opinion is the best water you can get.  Everyone know how important water is to your health.  For years we have been told that drink 8 glasses a day.  But what kind of water is probably more important.

Providing that you know that the source of the spring is clean, I recommend drinking spring water over other types.  Why?  Because the sparkling clean taste is awesome of course!   It also contains a level of minerals that is beneficial to health for most living things. Mineral-rich water will usually have a neutral or slightly alkaline pH.

Drinking alkaline water will help to neutralize acidity in the body and can reduce the amount of free radical damage. It will also help to keep bones and teeth strong and dense.  Distilled water and reverse osmosis is lacking in the amount of minerals spring water contains.

I live in Asheville, NC where getting spring water can be challenging but not impossible. There are three places that I know about.  On highway 9 going away from Black Mountain, about a 5 minute drive, you will see a white pipe off to the side of the road spewing out lots of spring water. Another place is about 1/4 mile hike along the river on the gravel road at balsalm knob.  And lastly at mile marker 395 on the Blue Ridge Parkway, hike the gravel road heading south about 1/4 of a mile and you will find water on the left.

If anyone else knows of good spots let me know. Hope you all find your specials swimming hole and natural spring this summer:)


No comments:

Post a Comment